Terms and Conditions
1. Refund Policy: Institute of Canadian Education does not issue refunds. Within hours of enrollment, our administration undertakes many tasks including activating the student account, completing the enrollment, contracting the teacher, establishing electronic/physical files, tracking the enrollment for Ministry purposes, etc. Even if the student does not begin the course, the preliminary work in our office will be completed.
2. Course Transfer Policy: A student does not have the option to transfer from one course to another at any time within the. A transfer fee of $200.00 will be charged to the students account.
3. Student Enrollment Policy: There are set schedule for a student in terms of due dates to complete assignments. The student can start the course after registration and move through at his or her own pace. The only restriction is that the course must be completed within 18 months of enrollment. A student will be removed from a course if he or she takes longer than 18 months to complete
4. Course Prerequisite Policy: Certain courses require the student to have completed a prerequisite course. It is the student's responsibility to provide a copy of an Ontario Student Transcript, Report Card or Credit Counselling Summary showing successful completion of the prerequisite course. This may be sent to [email protected] upon registration. A student may register at any time and have access to the first unit of a course, however the rest of the content will remain locked until prerequisite evidence has been provided.
5. If the student has not completed the prerequisite course, but has completed an equivalent course outside of Ontario, is a mature student, or has higher-level education, the student may request ICE to waive the prerequisite requirement by submitting a Prerequisite Waiver Application to the ICE Guidance Team before registering.
6. Confidentiality Policy: Please note that ICE may communicate with parents or legal guardians of students under the age of 18. In addition, ICE will communicate with any student's home school and applicable post-secondary institutions or organizations. Students over the age of 18 will receive an email upon registration requesting permission to allow ICE to communicate with third party individuals.
7. All policies may be modified at any time at the Institute of Canadian Education website. The use of Institute of Canadian Education courses indicates that the student and/or parent/guardian accepts these aforementioned policies.